Tuesday, April 29, 2008

An Arguement Against the Mute Button

Recently, I've noticed that music in commercials has improved - at least among some of the major brands (that is, the ones with the huge advertising budgets).

For your listening, viewing and shopping pleasure, a self-complied list of recent commercials and the featured music. Mostly because when I hear good songs during television commercials, I want to know what it is. I imagine you might want to know as well, so I'll share my research:

IPod Touch : "Music is my Hot, Hot Sex" - CSS

Nike Sparq Training : "List of Demands (Reparations)" - Saul Williams

Cadillac Escalade: "Genesis" - Justice

Geico : "Remind Me" - Royksopp

Wendy's : "Satisfaction" - Benny Benassi

Old Navy : "The Way I Am" - Ingrid Michaelson

The craziest part is that I probably wouldn't even know who Saul Williams & Ingrid Michaelson were if it wasn't for their respective commercials. And I only found the Royksopp song randomly, when it came up on Pandora.

Seeing a trend?
This could be the next MySpace - the way generations Y & Z find new music.
Just my prediction.


Any other commercial music I missed? Or any commercial music you want to know more about? Leave a comment, and I'll post a follow-up soon :)

[commercial and music video links go to YouTube & so I can not guarantee authenticity. artist links are to official websites or MySpace]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i <3 the ting tings song on the newest ipod commercial