Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Playlist #3: Excellent Discoveries via Opening Acts

Bands that were previously unknown to me, until discovered as opening acts at shows I went to for the headliner. Now some of my very favorites. Image is a picture I took of Publicist when he was opening for The Very Best at Sonar.



What bands have you discovered as openers?

Bhang Bhang, I'm A Burnout by the Dum Dum Girls (opener for Girls)
Valient Brave by Ganglians (opener for Wavves)
Heart to Tell by The Love Language (opener for Cursive)
Live In Dreams by Wild Nothing (opener for Neon Indian)
Chain Gang by Publicist (opener for The Very Best)
Kick Drum Heart by The Avett Brothers (opener for Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers)
New Mind by Pictureplane (opener for Health)
Might Like You Better by Amanda Blank (opener for Matt + Kim)

No comments: