Wednesday, September 15, 2010

One Huge, Expensive Show; One Tiny, Free Show

This was a very musical few days!

After Gaga on Tuesday, Ben and I went with our friends Mike and Whitney to see the Dum Dum Girls, Beach House and Vampire Weekend at Merriweather Post Pavillion on Saturday.

It was a really fun show. My second time seeing DDG and BH, my first seeing VW. The energy was way up and the crows was really into it. Lot of dancing in our seats of course!

I'll be the first to admit that Vampy Weeks is not the greatest live band ever - but - it was definitely worth it to see them since the two openers are among my recent favorites. There are definitely people who are MUCH biggers fans of Vampire Weekend than myself.

Pictures!

DDG @ MPP
Dum Dum Girls
beach house @ MPP
Beach House (lots of Victoria LeGrand hair swooping of course)

VW @ MPP
Vampire Weekend

VW @ MPP
Love those chandeliers.

Last night, Ben and I went over to the SoundGarden in Fell's (amazing indie music/movie shop) to see Ra Ra Riot for a live in-store. SO. GOOD.

Ra Ra Riot @ SoundGarden
Tiny widdle stage

Wes at SoundGarden
I got a pic with Wes of RRR and Discovery.

And the whole band signed my LP...that's a framer.

No comments: